spiralmode Bail Bond Blog, Free At Last Bail Bonding, Free At Last Bail Bonds 0 down bail bonds nashville tn, best bail bonds nashville tn, ca pet laws, keeping pets safe in winter, nashville tn bail bonds, pets tips, taking care of pets in winter, winter pet tips
As winter begins to grip at the state of Tennessee, it is important for all pet owners to pay more attention to the animals in their care. Pretty much everyone has heard of the saying “If you’re cold, they’re cold. Bring them inside.” While this isn’t always accurate depending on the animal in question, it does pay to be more considerate of our furry companions this time of the year.
While animals due tend to have a nice fur coat to keep them warm, that does not mean they are immune to colder temperatures, especially when snow or ice are concerned. Here are a few tips to help you keep your pet safe and healthy this winter.
• When letting dogs out for bathroom breaks, go with them. Once you are cold, bring them in to ensure they don’t get too cold.
• Dog breeds with shorter hair may need some winter clothes to help keep them warm.
• Wipe a dogs paws and belly thoroughly when coming inside from snow. This can remove any snow balls and/or road salts. The snowballs can lead to frostbite, while the road salts could get licked up and cause digestive problems.
• Outdoor cats will seek warm areas when it gets cold, this includes engine compartments on vehicles. Rap on car hoods several times before starting the vehicle to scare them out.
• Constantly check water bowls for outdoor animals to make sure they aren’t frozen solid.
• Provide outdoor animals with more food. They will need more calories to stay warm in the colder weather.
Pet owners all care deeply about their furry companions. Follow these tips above in order to keep them healthy and warm this winter.